Tuesday, July 24
Discover the simple secret to creating infinitely engaging content — and why click bait works
Attention in today’s online world is harder and harder to garner than ever before. Our clients, customers, prospects, employees and leads tell us they have no time. No time to read our emails, download our e-books, listen to our podcasts, dive-in to our blog posts, or watch our videos.
However, these very same customers can binge watch two seasons of “Stranger Things” on Netflix in one weekend! Where’s the disconnect?
It turns out, the most successful communicators in the world don’t worry about how long their content is. Instead, they apply two infinitely powerful psychological phenomena to catch, keep and capture their audience’s attention. Beware, though: These same two mental states are responsible for the rise of click bait.
In this exhilarating opening keynote presentation, former television producer and bestselling author Andrew Davis will show you how to keep your audience curious. You’ll be challenged to think like a reality TV editor as he reveals the five things that brilliant organizations do to transform their communications from boring to brilliant. More importantly, you’ll learn the simple secret to creating infinitely engaging content. What’s the secret? You’ll have to wait and see.
(Session details coming soon)
Conference cocktail party, hosted by AWS
Enjoy an amazing 360-degree view of Seattle from the 21st floor of Amazon’s Oscar Building while you meet with speakers and your peers during the conference networking cocktail party.
Wednesday, July 25
Go beyond the traditional media model to drive deeper connections
We deploy paid media campaigns to get our messages out, whether through national media campaigns, dark social posts, influencer marketing or other outlets. That effort contributes to one of the biggest challenges marketers are facing today—breaking through the massive amount of advertising clutter, getting your message seen and driving the audience to take a desired action. For every mass-reach campaign you run, what if you also deployed a more niche approach to authentically insert your organization into the micro-community conversation and drive deeper human connection and brand love?
In this session, you’ll hear a unique POV on:
- Why moments of connection matter now more than ever
- How to identify the right micro-communities to target through social listening
- Uncovering ways to create unforgettable moments of engagement
- How to measure and create a sustainable model for deployment
(provides on site)
Stand out from the noisy crowd: Best practices from brands on Twitter
It’s 2018. It’s no longer enough to be on social media to be heard, because news cycles change at the flick of a tweet. Instagram Stories and Snapchat remove and add new features every other month. New platforms like Musical.ly and HQ Trivia pop up and can change an industry in the course of a few weeks. What does it take to make your organization stand out today? Greg Galant, founder and CEO of Muck Rack and The Shorty Awards, and Laura Pacas, communications manager for Twitter, will show you how to make your social media strategy a driver off press, brand engagement and more.
- Best practices from Shorty Award winners
- Why your company should be use Twitter to enhance your brand’s voice and personality
- How to use social media to generate positive earned media and make your brand stand out
- Using data on how journalists use social media to optimize your campaigns on different platforms
Make the most of the influencer revolution to increase your audience reach and impact
Influencers rule the online world, especially as the digital media landscape becomes more crowded and noisy with content and marketing messages. However, not all influencers are created equal—and not all will represent your organization in a way that fits with your brand voice and meets your goals. Turning to these social media powerhouses can be even more intimidating with B2B content and campaigns, especially when executive buy-in and requests stand as hurdles to ultimately increasing ROI and your online presence. Holly Nielsen, senior social media strategist, data science for IBM, will show you how to find and work with influencers in ways that excite audiences and help both sides come out ahead.
- How to find influencers, no matter your organization’s focus
- Best practices for maximizing influencer campaigns and content with paid social media efforts
- Traits of powerful influencers—and how to play to their strengths
- How to set reasonable expectations and create mutually beneficial campaigns
- Tips for gaining executive buy-in, especially when you’re relinquishing digital content control