Wednesday, Oct. 3
Use brand journalism to transform your content strategy, elevate your writing and boost communications
Outstanding stories, clear thinking and excellent writing are the foundations of compelling content, whether you’re creating corporate and internal copy or hoping to attract reporters’ attention. Nailing all three can be a tall order when you’re also juggling content goals and business objectives. Enter the power of brand journalism: The approach combines your organization’s experts and experiences (the branding) with real reporting and lively storytelling (the journalism). Savvy communicators have gained a competitive edge by learning how to tell their organizations’ most compelling stories using the tried-and-true methods of journalism to engage their audiences. If you’re hoping to craft content that readers find so compelling they have to share it, you’ve come to the right place. Mark Ragan, CEO of Ragan Communications, will teach you about the stories and newsrooms that have become top destinations for internal and external stakeholders—even on tiny budgets—and how you can do the same for your organization.
- How to find compelling stories and write content that appeals to busy readers—along with boosting your website’s traffic
- Secrets to better organize your communications strategies around a standard newsroom model
- Ways to craft original and curated content to be the leading publisher in your niche and compel readers to act
- The 10 email techniques that increase readership and brand loyalty
- How to measure the success of your content strategy
Bring your executive and employee communications to life
Organizations across industries want senior-level stakeholders to better communicate with employees, but pulling off a successful internal communications plan requires listening, training and targeted content that is well distributed. If that sounds like a tall order, don’t worry: Bryant Hilton, president of Great Communicate, will show you how to accomplish this by turning your research into messages that resonate and convincing executives to invest in employee communications best practices.
- How to identify and overcome barriers that can hinder your executive and employee communication efforts
- Tips for keeping stakeholders across the organization engaged and actively communicating your organization’s messages
- How to train managers and executives to amplify information and better communicate with employees
- Content and channel secrets to boost your campaigns’ effectiveness across departments
- How to train senior-level stakeholders to better listen and integrate employee feedback into communications efforts
Ramp up your brand recognition through employee content and advocacy
Savvy PR pros communicate their organizations’ cultures, visions and important goals through stories. For internal communicators, those stories individualize and celebrate employees, humanize leaders and help everyone work together to achieve a higher purpose. It would be a shame to keep those great stories within your own walls. In this interactive workshop, Spencer Sutherland, senior PR, content and social media manager at CHG Healthcare, will show you how to uncover and use compelling stories that can power your employee communication efforts and build brand recognition online. He’ll also show you how to encourage employees to advocate for and share stories about your organization through social media, helping you create more lasting personal connections with your customers and other stakeholders.
- Tips for finding stories throughout your organization—and using them to inspire both internal and external audiences
- How to make your employees the stars of your social media strategy
- Ways to encourage your people to engage with your messages and share them with their social networks
- Content distribution techniques to help you better communicate and collaborate with employees throughout your organization
- Secrets to promoting your organization’s culture and boosting excitement with employees—and potential hires