Wednesday, June 20
Your next video win is sitting right in your pocket
Don’t have a huge budget, but want to produce videos that capture the attention of both internal and external stakeholders? From recording full-quality HD footage to legit editing apps that give you complete control of your video and audio—including text, color correction and audio sweetening—the only tool you need to bring your videos to life in a meaningful way is in your pocket: your smartphone. Seasoned video producer and content strategist Justin Allen will teach you how to get the most out of your device to produce high-end, powerful videos that will reach and engage your audiences—without breaking the bank.
- Shooting 101: How to embrace the limitations of your smartphone to get the best visual and audio quality
- Editing best practices: What the best apps are and how to use them
- Why even with a smartphone, you need a production plan and a script—and how to craft both
- Content ideas, tips and tricks: How to shoot once and repurpose across multiple platforms—internal and external
(on your own)
From script to post-production: How to shoot compelling corporate videos
Video storytelling is the single most effective way to grow and retain a loyal audience—and everyone has a tale to tell (even corporate communicators). Whether it’s your executives wanting to be featured in your content strategy or helping locate and amplify insights from your organization’s experts, video content can help put a human angle on corporate communications and other digital content efforts. Stacey Derk, director of executive and employee communications for Microsoft, will show you how to choose the right combination of filming techniques followed with proper post-production steps to expand your content strategy with video—while also maximizing your budget and time.
- Filming options and tools to meet multiple situations and budgets—along with tips to produce great videos without an editing team
- How to make the most out of every film shoot—from one-person personal videos to multi-person, multi-camera projects
- Tips to identify your organization’s interesting stories and use them to grab your audience’s attention
- How to select the right video formats and platforms for your organizations’ executives and experts
- Where and how to distribute your video content to best reach your audience—including B2B customers