We will be webcasting Track 1 live. All tracks will be available as an on-demand recording within seven business days after the event has concluded. You can purchase the webcast here: Purchase Webcast.
TRACK 1: Social Media Strategies for PR and Marketing
Tuesday, Oct. 24
The state of trust: Influence and storytelling in the age of skepticism
Learn how to promote and protect your brand, reputation and business in an era of continual digital disruption and declining trust. You’ll leave with lessons from the most visible communications and marketing agendas of the last 18 months. You’ll discover how analytics, audience engagement and new expectations affect areas such as media relations, content development and social media customer service. What will you do the next time you face a high-stakes reputational risk quandary? The answers start here.
During this keynote, you’ll learn:
- Lessons from Disney’s being named the “most authentic brad” (Cohn & Wolfe)
- Inversions in trust and influence and the systems through which they travel
- How online issues spark brushfires that can escalate to raging wildfires
- The evolving interrelation between news and social media reporting, be it fake or real
- How to know who your true audience is—and what it needs from you in today’s polarized environment
- How to use social media channels to engender understanding—and even trust—in the face of skepticism
Get radical: Win fans on FB Live, Periscope, YouTube Live and Snapchat
Mark Zuckerberg says that within five years, Facebook will be mostly video. With the growing popularity of live-streaming video, augmented reality, 360 video and virtual reality, brand managers must learn how to use video in radically different ways to better connect with their target audiences. In this session, you’ll discover a practical methodology to plan, create and share engaging video content—as well as the tools you’ll need to storyboard, shoot, edit and produce videos quickly.
- Hot trends: vertical video, augmented reality and 360 video
- Storyboarding steps for better Snapchat and Instagram Stories
- Proven methods for increasing engagement for your videos
- Video marketing strategies to expand your reach
- What’s next: Low-cost methods to test 360 video and AR
(Provided on site)
Explore new worlds! NASA soars with VR, video and experiential PR
SPWant to innovate in social media without minutiae holding you back? Join to hear how to explore the brave new worlds of virtual reality, augmented reality and experiential PR with passion and higher purpose. You’ll learn how it’s done at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and you’ll discover how celebrating your inner nerd can propel your program in exciting new directions. You’ll hear inspiring case studies—including fresh social media lessons from the Cassini spacecraft’s dramatic “Grand Finale” at Saturn—and leave with new ideas to help you ignite results on Facebook Live, Instagram, Reddit and even Giphy.
- The power of curiosity and wonder in social media storytelling
- How to juggle multiple social media accounts, while still engaging in authentic, exciting conversations with fans
- How virtual experiences engage followers emotionally
- How in-person events energize online audiences
- Examples and lessons for breaking into 360 video, AR and VR
Wednesday, Oct. 25
Let’s put people first. Stop chasing channels, and start telling stories
The news cycle has sped up, and fake news has put on jet packs. Add to that the relentless emergence of new social media sites and widgets—and it’s no wonder you’re looking for a constant to guide your content and career. That true north is people and powerful storytelling, but we’ve lost sight of it amid continual change and an obsessive quest for the next shiny object. This inspiring keynote based on the change management lessons of Dell’s recent blog and platform migrations will arm you with the tools and conviction you need to bring storytelling back to the people—and not with a focus solely on channels.
During this keynote, you’ll learn:
- The future of content strategy beyond brand journalism
- Change management guidelines for content creators
- The “Storyteller’s Manifesto”—timeless principles to help you create compelling content based on your readers and not your org chart
- CMS insight: What Dell uses and how to choose the best fit
- Social media cross-pollination and blogs—tips for greater reach, readership and results