TRACK 3: Social Media Strategies for PR & Marketing
Let consumers lead the way: Creating audience-tailored content across platforms
Beyond grappling with how to create content that stands out against a sea of messages online, how do you choose which social media platforms on which you spend your budget—and time? At Intel, decisions are based on consumer personas—which informs what kind of content should be created and where it should be shared online. No longer do you have to guess what might be effective—consumers and data can guide you. Sarah Vedas, content marketing manager for employer brands at Intel, will show you how to create a digital mix and hone your social media and content efforts into effective, measurable campaigns.
You’ll learn how to:
- Create consumer personas and use them to guide content decisions
- Select social media platforms based on type of content and audience
- Tailor what you create and increase its reach
- Measure content’s performance—and create actionable insights
- Better target consumers and boost your organization’s bottom line
In the eye of the storm: Turning crises into opportunities online
In today’s quickly moving news cycle driven by social media platforms and a trove of content, crises can happen in an instant—but preparing for natural disasters and other situations can help you mobilize your communications team and take advantage of ways to interact with audiences online. Josh Wilson, director of public relations for Nemours Children’s Health System, will detail the key decision the health organization made before Hurricane Irma, which allowed the team to use social media to effectively communicate with associates and patients’ families during the storm—and how you can use online strategies and tactics to turn crises into opportunities to introduce important services and set your organization as an industry leader.
- How to prepare ahead of time for sticky situations and get your organization’s leaders on board
- The effect that social media can have on your PR efforts—and organization’s bottom line
- Tips to deploy your messages across social media platforms
- How you can improve response time online and get ready for reputational disasters
Networking cocktail party, courtesy of Disney Parks
Join your peers and conference speakers on the beach for a networking party, sprinkled with Disney magic. Enjoy great conversations and superb food and drink. Bring your camera for photo ops with special guests.