TRACK 1: Content Strategies Across Social Media Platforms
Thursday, Mar. 15
Looking past Facebook’s news feed: How ‘Groups’ can facilitate brand loyalty and engagement
Facebook is an integral part of most communicators’ social media strategies and campaigns, but have you invested in the power of the platform’s “Groups” feature? Julie Bogen, social media manager at Vox.com and moderator of “The Weeds” Facebook group, will show how Vox combines its podcasts and interactive Facebook groups to build listener loyalty—and engagement. Through reviewing threads and posts, you’ll learn how you can create online interaction success on Facebook.
You’ll learn how to:
- Monitor conversations to create content that resonates with your audience
- Set effective strategies—and adjust them after engagement failures
- Brainstorm content ideas based on audience activity
- Solve problems within your community and foster an environment of growth and interaction
Empower customers to tell your best stories with video
What would your customers say about your organization if you drove to their homes? You might be surprised. Find out how a communicator from the nation’s largest chemical producer went on a 2,000-mile #DirtRoadTour with a farm blogger and video camera that resulted in the most successful campaign in global BASF history. The effort garnered 9.2 million organic impressions and more than 152K customer conversations. Whether you have a shoestring budget or a pot of gold, you can create an authentic conversation with your customers through video. Donnarie Hales from BASF will uncover storytelling insights and show you how to find the path to consumers’ hearts.
You’ll learn how to:
- Let your customers be the star of the show—and become authentic brand advocates in the process
- Engage with audiences through video, live streaming and social platforms
- Adjust your social media strategy to gain a competitive advantage
- Spread corporate messages while being relatable
- Be opportunistic in your social media strategy planning
Content across platforms: How to create content for multiple departments, channels and goals
When Mariano Archdeacon, director of digital content for Lowe’s, traveled with his team in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey and Irma, they had storytelling across the entire organization in mind. The content they gathered was repurposed for social media, the Lowe’s newsroom, intranet, media coverage and a commercial that netted success for the marketing department. The ability to gather, create and repurpose content for departments across the organization gave Archdeacon’s’s content team a seat at the table—and confirmation that uncovering stories with a mind on content creation can help communicators immensely. In this session, Archdeacon will show you how to make your content efforts just as effective.
- How to uncover stories from executives, employees, consumers and more
- Questions every PR pro should ask when creating and repurposing content
- How to craft videos, visuals and articles that fulfill multiple goals—and perform on multiple platforms
- The items communicators must have to plan for content before, during and after events
- How to identify trends and produce content quickly
Networking cocktail party, courtesy of Disney Parks
Join your peers and conference speakers on the beach for a networking party, sprinkled with Disney magic. Enjoy great conversations and superb food and drink. Bring your camera for photo ops with special guests.